Current Bill Me Later reviews??

krl109
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm thinking about trying Bill Me Later for some future purchases, but feel that I need some second opinions before making the decision. I've seen some posts about cases where customer service is incompetent to resolve problems, account linking problems, checkout problems, not recieving the promotions, etc. Where does BML stand today?? Has the feature improved lately?? Or is it still having problems?? 

Also, are there extra fees that you pay when making the monthly payments on what you buy? Or any other hidden things??

And since it's my first time using a credit line type of system, what are the basic things to understand about them?? Like APR and interest rates and what not.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
93 REPLIES 93

Tiff12345
New Community Member

I would never use bill me later! I made a purchase with last month and when I was checking out I saw Bill Me Later & clicked on the terms. It said if I spent a certain amount that it would be 6 months no interest & no payments. So, I thought why not? Anyways this week I received my statement saying that my minimum payment was $25 & I needed to pay the entire amount by the payment date to avoid interest. So, I e-mailed them to let them know that when I ordered it said 6 months no interest & no payments & they responded & said they did not have any such deal with 1800petmeds. Well, I e-mailed them back and told them I had a picture of the 1800petmeds website with the offer on it & I could e-mail them so they could see & that I didn't feel I should have to pay since it said I wouldn't have to. Then, I got an e-mail saying We have received the promotional terms request regarding your Bill Me Later Account. Once our research is complete, you will receive an email notification. Two minutes later I got another e-mail saying The promotional terms request that was submitted has been completed. The changes, if any, to your Bill Me Later Account will be posted within 24-48 hours. So, I waited over the 48 hours & checked and there is no changes to my account.

Login to Me Too

lash37
New Community Member

If you do not have the discipline to pay your bills on time each month, do NOT enroll in Bill Me Later!!  Wishing I had heeded my own advice here e.g. hindsight is 20/20. 

• Joined in early 2011 to pay for used golf club and now owe >2K...it's a slippery slope once started.  MY OWN FAULT....NO ONE ELSE'S.  I am just saying that Bill Me Later makes it quite convenient to enroll / use ongoing and will gladly up your credit limit along the way.  
  • Snapshot of what can happen if you are not disciplined:  last month I made a payment of $58 against my balance.  Last month I was charged interest of $59 against my balance.  Wonderful.  Once those "No Payments Until............" offers end, and you have not paid off the promotional amounts, watch out!

Again, my fault.  Just throwing a warning out there for others.

T

Login to Me Too

WilfredAHustle
New Community Member

I am another customer that is again not seeing the issue with bill me later. Everything is pretty clearly explained if you take the time to read the conditions. I haven't had an issue with them at all regarding financing any of the deals I have needed to make using them as an option. It seems like most of you have had a bad experience because you have not paid your bills on time and have incurred interest on your account. From working at a few Big Box retailers in my day that is exactly how it works using a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Target card that has a no interest deal going on. You miss or are late with a payment they have the RIGHT to charge that interest which they most definitely will do. I have used them for three purchases so far and have had no issue as of yet.

In the end pay your Bills and all is well,

Wilfred A.

Login to Me Too

Fati
Contributor
Contributor
I have Bill meLater for a long time about 8 years,and I really like it. I think it gives you a safe way to shop Online..Some times you have 6 months to pay, it is awesome.....I never had any problem with it.......
Login to Me Too

braaap13
New Community Member

I have read so many bad reviews and i cant decide whether to use this option or not. The item i want to purchase is around 330 dollars..if i pay off in 6 months thats around 50 a month. Its not hard but i dont want to get "scammed" as everyone is saying. Any advice?

Login to Me Too

Jeg
New Community Member
I use them all the time with no problems. Use them, make your payments before the 6 months is up, and no interest. I find it wonderful, and would recommend to anyone...
Login to Me Too

Dumaine
Contributor
Contributor

Reading most of these negative responses just makes me laugh. Seems like quite a few folks on here just don't know how credit works.  I have been using Billmelater since December and currently have two 6 month deferred purchases and have had one standard purchase during this time. Had to call into them once to get a payment applied in a certain way that I wanted it applied, and they were very happy to do it for me.  Bottom line is...KNOW what you are getting into when you choose the Billmelater option, and make your payments on time (especially on the deferred) and its a no brainer!!!

Login to Me Too

lgill43

Don't do it.  Bill Me Later will automatically charge all futuer payments to Bill Me Later, which I beleive is fraudulent activity.  It's a mess to correct.  The worst thing is BML willalso want your bank information!  Why would you ever give a merchant that information.

Login to Me Too

Dumaine
Contributor
Contributor

@lgill43 wrote:

Don't do it.  Bill Me Later will automatically charge all futuer payments to Bill Me Later, which I beleive is fraudulent activity.  It's a mess to correct.  The worst thing is BML willalso want your bank information!  Why would you ever give a merchant that information.

Not so sure what you mean here.  They only ask for your banking information if you setup payment thru their site. I just pay thru Paypal and have yet to give them any banking info.  Also I have never been charged automatically with Billme later, only when I click the option during checkout!!     NO I dont work for Billmelater....I am merely attempting to say that if you handle them correctly you wont get burned!!!

Login to Me Too

StefanoB
New Community Member

DO NOT USE IT!, I should have just used my credit card (which I pay off in full on the due date) and I would have gotten reward points from my credit card. I will pay off the BML amount, but will be out the points/rewards. If you do not have the money in the bank, do not put it on credit. Credit only for home loan, and perhaps auto loan, the rest, uless it is an emergency, you really don't need it, your hot water heater going out is an emergency, a new pair of shoes is not. Live within your means, and live happy, sure it's nice to have all the new stuff, but think, "can I do with last years (cell tecnology, iPad, computer, etc)" can I wait until I've saved enough money for it, yes I can!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.