Compliance verification team from HELL

Cassiel
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what's wrong with the staff at the compliance verification team. As per the new federal regulations they required to confirm my identity with some documents. On September 15th I uploaded a photo id, bank statements as proof of address, and my ITIN. They took two weeks to review and finally approve all the documents, but they didn't lift the "add funds" limitation. When I wrote them to their complianceverification email when they are going to complete the verification process, they replied:

Thank you for responding to our inquiry regarding a request for
documentation in order to regain access to your PayPal account.
At this time, we are unable to lift the limitation as we still require the
following:

*A copy of a utility bill, bank statement, or credit card statement
verifying your address.
 The document must have been issued within the last 6 months and contain
the name and residential address listed on your PayPal account.
Unfortunately, we are unable to complete verification using a PO box
address.

The thing is, there are four bank statements already in the Resolution Center. And every time I tell them to use those they reply with the same thing again and again and again. I'm sure Kamalpreet, Sam, Himanshu, Vijayarani, Rick, Dinah, Mohan, Anant, Sam, Harris Dani, Shalu, Flora, pankaj and Saadat are wonderful persons, but they are giving me a lackluster customer service by dragging this process for over a month without giving me a hint of what the hell is wrong with my case. If all the documents are already approved in the Resolution Center, why can't you end the verification process?

If any PayPal community leader can help me out here, I'll be eternally grateful to you. My case is PP-001-991-790-282.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Cassiel
Contributor
Contributor

If you did something, I'm really grateful. My account finally got back to normal 3 days ago.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

Cassiel
Contributor
Contributor

If you did something, I'm really grateful. My account finally got back to normal 3 days ago.

Login to Me Too

Rootsgal
New Community Member

They wanted me to give them my credit card number. WHY? I do not even want a paypal account. They freeze my account for 45 days because I filed a dispute?

I have no account except for sending a loser $340.00 on a deposit for a condo that is over booked. PAYPAL knows this but has not decided I should get my money back.

VERIFYING your account is stupid and a joke. Change your phone number? Every email is about verifying my accont even if the question has nothing to do with verifying my account. (that does not exist)

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE PAYPAL? WHY?  Clearly they **bleep**.....

Login to Me Too

MisusedCustomer
New Community Member

PayPal's "compliance verification team" is a computer without any ability to think.  Some programmer with no foresight has plugged in auto responses that make no sense.  Example:

Dear PayPal, I have a problem with my account.

Dear Valued User: You must open a new account and send proof of your birthdate.

Dear PayPal, that's not the problem I'm having

Dear Valued User: Please submit your application letter from the federal government.

Dear PayPal, is there anybody there?

Dear Valued User: Please respond at once, we will close your account in 4 days

Dear PayPal, I've been trying to reach a person for three days now

Dear Valued User: Warning! You must submit the requested papers or your account will close in 2 days

Dear PayPal, You **bleep**

Dear Valued User: Please submit photo of your mother

Dear PayPal, I'm opting out of you

Dear Valued User: Thank you for contacting PayPal

Login to Me Too

buffisan
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. In September I began sending documents - I have now sent a total of 9 documents by scanning and uploading to the compliance team, and on December 2, I sent 5 documents by fax - all to have my last name added back to my account (which mysteriously disappeared), so that I can add funds to my account.

The compliance page says that everything is completed, but the hold is not lifted. I am soooooo frustrated. I don't know how to get help. I called and couldn't get any response. Now I am emailing and waiting to see what that does to help. The first set of emails hasn't helped at all.

Login to Me Too

OhioGal
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I purchased a camera on eBay or so I thought.  I couldn't go through with my payment.  PP wanted a verification - excuse me?  I've been doing this for years, and you want my verification NOW?  What about when I first started?  

Anyway, after much thinking, I decided what the heck, I'll go ahead and do it.  Went thru hell and back with scanning all that stuff, I am using a loaner computer now, an ancient thingie with Windows XP.  Scanning is done thru Paint program - imagine that.  Alrighty, all said and done, now what?  I dial the number, and the code, talk to the Support, they give me a green light.  Everything looks just fine, right?

Not so fast.  I still cannot get through.  Another call to Support, who tells me that even though I am verified, it doesn't mean much.  Every transaction has to go through the filters... whatever that means.  And suggests to try again tomorrow.  This doesn't make sense.  As far as I understand, it;s either filters or tomorrow.  The two are not related, don't ya think?  PP apparently thinks differently.

I only wish they'd send me a email prior to all this, informing me about all these new and exciting changes.  I would've done all that stuff in advance.  Not in the middle of a transaction.  Now I cannot purchase a camera because of PP.  
The seller says that they cannot wait;  and also hinted that I am not the only one with PP problems.'

Go figure.  

If I buy a camera from a brick-and-mortar store, all they do is take a peek at my DL but not keep it on their files.  They won't even request my ss card or a utility bill.  

I wish that PP did a trial run through their own system, just to know how it feels.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Will see what unfolds tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

cj323

Paypal is also taking funding sources from sources not set for funds. I would find another payment provider to use if I were you. Paypal is all screwed up right now. It's gotten worse and worse over the last two years.

Login to Me Too

OhioGal
Contributor
Contributor

Which one would you recommend?  I tried Skrill but this one has bad reviews.  

I placed a bid on another camera, the same kind, it's up in about an hour, so we'll see.

My old camera was stolen from my place about a week ago which is why I wanted exactly the same model.  Will guard it now.

Login to Me Too

brannenga
New Community Member

i'm in same boat.  it won't let me add funds because it said it can't verify my information.  but I already sent in all the stuff they asked for.   This is exasperating.

Login to Me Too

nimchip
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I don't know what's the issue but I wanted to use Paypal to pay for a couple of items on sale. Considering the three emails I have indicating that my "name is wrong" I thought that it had something to do with my middle name or my mother's maiden name being displayed in the documents I uploaded. Anyway I emailed the so-called complianceverifications email and in waiting for a response it seems the sale I wanted to use my paypal account on is already over.

Also I uploaded a bank statement and it is now requesting a utility bill. What? I live with my parents, the utility bills aren't in my name. Why provide the utility bill when you have a bank statement with the address in it?

My case is PP-002-223-257-546, if anyone can help.

Edit: the first problem was fixed, thank you to whoever did it! Can someone suggest who to get in contact with for that last one?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.