wrong mailing address

sarahstout02
New Community Member

I just ordered something from a website using PayPal. PayPal input an old mailing address that I've deleted from my account. Why? What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

50m2hb
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem.  In my case, I was invoiced for a purchase.  I paid for it and PP sent my money and the WRONG mailing address to the seller.  They mailed it to the address PP provided, but that's my old (3 years) address and, more importantly, NOT the address showing in Paypal.  So why do they show me the correct address for me in settings and in all locations in my wallet, but transmit a different address to the seller?

After 2 days of struggling with support, who ask a question and I answer, but always a different person reviews my answer and sends me on another wild goose chase of "look at these solutions in our help utility," none of which address my problem.  Example: I don't SEND anyone invoices, never used invoices, it shows me that fact, so it's not my invoices data being wrong.  They then send me help documents on how to do refunds.  (WTH?)  Etc. etc.  Every response comes from a different help desk tech and when I respond to that tech, the response isn't viewed by that person, but someone else, so there's no consistent, logical, diagnostics/troubleshooting going on as you just get spun off in one wrong direction after the other at random.

Anyway, I finally got a tech that just didn't tell me to change my address (sorry can't, it's already correct), or contact my credit card company (they've only ever had the one, correct address for me, never anything else), etc.  She had me check my wallet, the bank account associated with my PP account.  (NOT the credit cards they keep telling you to check !)  While the credit cards, my settings, and my bank all show the correct address.  The bank account wasn't showing a status of "confirmed."  I'd confirmed it when I moved and set up the new bank account.  It showed confirmed in PP, but it wasn't confirmed in the PP DB.  The PP tech had to manually confirm my bank account on their side to clear the old address out of my PP account, EVEN THOUGH I didn't use that bank when I was living in that state.  (It got set up as my new bank when I moved to the state I've lived in for 3 years now.)  So the PP DB not showing a status flag of confirmed on my bank, didn't allow any of the address changes to take effect.  (Even though it said confirmed when I look at it in my PP account, on my side of the PP DB).

So, check your settings.  Make sure that still has your correct address.  Then check your wallet.  Make sure that your bank and all your credit cards show your current address.  Then check your bank wallet entry to see if it says "status confirmed."  If it doesn't, you need to go thru the process to confirm your bank listed in the help section.  If, however, the bank entry says status confirmed, you need to fight thru the help desk associates to get them to manually change it to confirmed.

If you have to fight thru the techs, keep your complaint simple. 

You've changed your settings to the new address

Your bank is sending statements to the new address.

Your PP Wallet/bank shows your new address

Your PP Wallet/bank shows status confirmed

Your credit cards are sending statements to your new address

Your PP Wallet/credit cards are showing your new address.

But Paypal is still transmitting your OLD address, so PP needs to manually verify the correct address on their end and manually confirm your bank info in Wallet on their side.

Good luck !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.