trying to confirm our non-profit status

TigerMO
Contributor
Contributor

We currently have a Business account and I'd like us to get confirmed as a non-profit to take advantage of the lower fee rates. I've gone to https://www.paypal.com/charities and clicked on Confirm Your Account. I get a message that says "Your business classification is not eligible." Then, it says "your service keyword must be Charitable and Social Service Organization." I can't find where nor how to change that service keyword. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TigerMO,

Thank you for your post! I believe this is referring to the category of your business as it was entered in the PayPal system. To edit the type of business, Click the gear in the upper right hand corner of your account, then click About the Business under Profile. Then click Update next to Business information. There are three fields that have an Edit link in them. You will want to click Edit in the topmost field. On the page that follows, you can change the business category and subcategory.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TigerMO,

Thank you for your post! I believe this is referring to the category of your business as it was entered in the PayPal system. To edit the type of business, Click the gear in the upper right hand corner of your account, then click About the Business under Profile. Then click Update next to Business information. There are three fields that have an Edit link in them. You will want to click Edit in the topmost field. On the page that follows, you can change the business category and subcategory.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TigerMO
Contributor
Contributor

Some of the steps were worded a little differently than the actual tabs to click on, but it was close enough that I figured it out. Thanks.

Is there a way to confirm that we will now be charged the lower fee before or until an actual payment is made?

Login to Me Too

Temp20200928a
Contributor
Contributor

I have done the change for the status to be nonprofit organization but wouldn't the account's rate be lower from 3% to 2% but 

when we receive fund, the rate still remains at 3%. Please help me with this issue Olivia! Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

Spark5
Contributor
Contributor

I went through these steps multiple times, but every time I log in again, the settings have reverted back to the old information.

Login to Me Too

kacnyc
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having the same issue whereby I change the business type to a non-profit and select the box that we are a registered non-profit charity (501c3). I save the information but every time I log back into our account the information has reverted back to a business account. How can I register this update so that we are charged the lower non-profit rate?

Login to Me Too

lincolnpta
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue for me. Trying to confirm that our 501c3 is a charity. I can save the status to Charitable and Social Service Organization, but the next time I refresh it reverts back to the previous category. I'm going back and forth with the Integration Department now.

Login to Me Too

lincolnpta
Contributor
Contributor

You need to send a mail to

<removed>

from the email associated with your account.

Login to Me Too

Can you try re-sharing that email address it has been removed. We are in exactly the same situation and are not getting anywhere with customer service.

Login to Me Too

dancesource
New Community Member

Same issue as well. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.