sisters account

bleachbaby
Contributor
Contributor

my sister had a paypal account with her ex ,now she wants to have her own account ,she is using the same e-mail address but cant log on because she never knew the password as she wants to deactive this account and set up her own ,when it asks to verify the account and rest password she cannot change the phone number to action this please help thks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bleachbaby 

A personal account has to be in one persons name or anothers, you can't share a personal account so is it in her name or her ex?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bleachbaby
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for replying its in her ex's name but her e-mail address ,she gets messages from paypal to her e-mail but cannot reply because like I said she does not know the password and the telephone on the account isn't hers,its an old landline number where they used to live ,hope this helps and you can recommend something thks 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bleachbaby 

Then sadly the account does not belong to her, it belongs to her ex and she has 'given' him her email address to use.

She would need to ask her ex to add another email address to that account > make it primary and remove your sisters email address so that she can then use it to set up her own account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.