secondary user login

CarolM1029
New Community Member

I created a secondary user for my nonprofit account.  The secondary user cannot login with the name and password that I assigned to her.  I need her to access our account to see donation amounts and names and info to send thank you notes and tax receipts.  How do I give her permission for this level of access and how does she log in?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

oldman_winter
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get this working?

I was able to set permissions easily but I can't verify my secondary account.

Login to Me Too

scottinmiami
New Community Member

UPDATE***  I found the answer on another thread, but it was buried.

ANSWER: When logging in to the PayPal account, a secondary user will enter their User ID in the "Email address" section.

****Previous comment**

I just had a client add me as a Secondary User, I already have a PayPal account with the email address she sent the invitation to. 

There is no way to access the client's account through my existing account and there is no sufficient documentation on HOW/Where secondary users actually login to an account.  Every thread in the community, even responses from PayPal Advisors (@Misty11*) only list How to Create a Secondary User, but never explains how those users can access the account they were assigned to.

Here's the Main Issue: When logging into PayPal, it asks for an Email or Phone Number, not a Username. Without being able to login with a Designated Username, there is no way to access the account a secondary user was invited/assigned to.  PayPal, please figure this out.

Archived Thread: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Merchant-services-Archive/How-do-secondary-users-log-onto-busine...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.