remove phone number

ayre
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal will not let me remove my primary phone number, which is no longer in use.  Thus, when I try to link my Paypal account with my bank account, I cannot because the security code is sent to a phone number that doesn't exist.  When I try to remove the phone number from my account, I get a message saying "An error has occurred.  Please try later."  The upshot is that I cannot access my funds!  Paypal has my money and I have no access to it.  On top of it all, their help center is closed due to COVID 19

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ayre 

Add a new number first and then make that one primary before you remove the other one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ayre
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried that; I still cannot remove the old number and the new number is not accepted as a primary number, even though I click on the box indicating I want it to be my primary number.  I have seven or eight numbers on Paypal right now, some are friends' phone numbers, all added in an attempt to delete that one primary number.  No success in removing any of them. 

Login to Me Too

Dedamol
New Community Member

I did this too, and it didn't work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.