"Your business classification is not eligible" -- enroll in the PayPall Giving Fund

monastery2
Contributor
Contributor

We are listed as a religious organization on our account, but getting message "Your business classification is not eligible"  when trying to enroll in the PayPall Giving Fund and confirm the charitable status. PayPal says that religious organizations can qualify for the PayPal Giving Fund.

How can we enroll into the PayPal Giving Fund without changing type of Non-profit organization (currently religious), because it says "your service keyword must be Charitable and Social Service Organization." 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monastery2 

One is allowed to select Non-Profit Organization as the Business Type, tick the This nonprofit is a registered charity. check box and in the Product or service keyword field type in Religious Organizations so it's weird that you're getting that error message. But if changing it to Charitable is suggested, go with it. It shouldn't change what you're classified as in your PayPal account, or is it asking you to change to Charitable in your PayPal account, not the application for PayPal Giving Fund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monastery2 

One is allowed to select Non-Profit Organization as the Business Type, tick the This nonprofit is a registered charity. check box and in the Product or service keyword field type in Religious Organizations so it's weird that you're getting that error message. But if changing it to Charitable is suggested, go with it. It shouldn't change what you're classified as in your PayPal account, or is it asking you to change to Charitable in your PayPal account, not the application for PayPal Giving Fund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

monastery2
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker :

Thank you for your reply.

To avoid this message -- "Your business classification is not eligible" -- I should add "Social Service Organization" instead of religious.

Will this not impact the status if the organization with PayPal, and maybe IRS? Where could I ask for a second opinion?

Login to Me Too

BALLERS
New Community Member

Clicking the, This is a registered nonprofit charity box did not work. What else can I do?

Login to Me Too

BrandyeFenn
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the exact same issue. We cannot change the profile as requested. The settings do not actually save. No one seems to be able to help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.