"Your account can't be closed"

darakara123
Contributor
Contributor
The first error I had was when I had negative balance. I tried closing it then it said "you can't close your account with negative balance" or something like that. I solved that. Now I don't have negative balance and It still comes up with an error.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@darakara123 

Is your account limited at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

darakara123
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @darakara123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

As @kernowlass mentioned, one of the reasons why you may not be able to close your account is if the account has been limited. If this is not the case, other reasons could be: 

• If you have outstanding payments;
  • If you paid the negative balance but it has not cleared yet;
  • If there are disputes, claims or chargeback filed on your Resolution Centre. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

darakara123
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Martina I'm pretty sure if my account was limited I would get a notification. I don't have negative balance on any currencies I also don't have any chargebacks on my account.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi there! @darakara123,

You may also not be able to close your account if you have a positive balance that needs to be transferred out.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.