"Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you"

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

I can't log in into my PayPal account, all I get is "Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you", although I confirmed the security questions, the e-mail and changed the password!!!! And you have logged me in here with the same account and password! Please fix your broken system.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

I live in the EU and I will have a lot of time in the next period to complain. Starting with <Removed>

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I was getting somewhere going to the Security page but after a catchpa I hadn't had to do before again I had the message that

PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication is required......................................................

The thing that really pushes my buttons is that page has a "Confirm by a different method" option that doesn't actually provide you with any different method. Who thought this authentication system up? It is unfit for purpose. 

EDIT

Beyond a joke. I was asked to take a survey by Paypal when I came here so I thought it might provide a means of communicating my annoyance and thus get something done. Finished the short survey, submitted it and received an authentication failed message. 😩

Login to Me Too

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

I got a reply by e-mail

"PayPal has replied to your email

We've sent you a reply to your email
This reply can be found in your Message Center inbox.
You sent us a message using the PayPal Message Center and our reply is there waiting for you.
Go to the Message Center
Please do not respond to this email.
If you have a question about the message you received, log in to your PayPal account and respond to us from your Message Center Inbox."

So, I sent them a message saying that I can not log in, and PayPal sent me a message that requires me to log in to read it. 

Keep up the good job, PayPal!

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

Still the same for me.

I'd hope the wallies who invented this merry-go-round might have fixed it by now but no. I've just tried to log in again and the same thing. There's only one option to login (unlike what it says in the "Help" pages no email or text options to receive the needed code) and I get no 'phone call.

Then I went to the other ways of contacting Paypal pages and tried the Message option.................................which to use you have to be logged into your account. Incredible.

Really I think the 'phone option IS going to be the only way to resolve this.

Also what needs to happen is somebody from Paypal actually monitor this forum and pick up and deal with problems like this. It has been weeks since this thread was started and absolutely no response from them.  All I've had is another prompt to update my card details "...which you can do by logging into your account.......".

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.       

Login to Me Too

NeyroN
I’m experiencing exactly the same issue today. Have you resolved yours?
Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

No not yet.

I've been told by other users that customers had warnings of this before the new system was bought in but I received nothing before the first prompt to update my almost expired card details. My theoryabout that is that they may have informed those who sell on eBay but those, like me, who only buy they seemed to have forgotten about.

Login to Me Too

toka0520
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I think it's about country. when I create my account my country was not listed in country list so I selected different one. So I want to delete account and create again with the same email. how can I do it?

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

Wish I could help but as far as I can determine the only way to sort this out is to go through the torture of trying to contact PayPal by telephone. There does not seem to be any other solution as all the other contact options require you to be signed in. Doh!

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

Finally sorted this ludicrous matter out via the telephone using:-

0800 358 7911 (UK).

Automated system then eventually received a callback from a real person. Still took some time to fix the issue - they actually had my correct landline number so its an even bigger mystery as to why I have not been receiving the four digit ID code telephone call required to login.

But the customer services guy added my mobile number to the account and I can login now with a text message prompt instead.

What I do not understand either is that my expired debit card, the reason I needed to get into my Paypal account to update to the new card, was not now listed or recognised. That is even though once I'd managed to login in there was a notification on my account to update my old card's information.

However the new card is the one Paypal now has listed. How on earth did that happen? I've not been able to get into my account for two months - I couldn't update the card information because of that so how did they have my new card details?

Weird. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.