"Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you"

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

I can't log in into my PayPal account, all I get is "Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you", although I confirmed the security questions, the e-mail and changed the password!!!! And you have logged me in here with the same account and password! Please fix your broken system.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

Still the same thing, I can log in here without any issues, but not on PayPal. Please fix your broken AI.

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

I had an email prompt to update my card details which are nearing their expiry date. I did not want to use the email link for security reasons so went straight to Paypal to login. I tried to login to change the card details and found I couldn't because they can't confirm it is me.

Initially I was given a four digit code which I was supposed to enter into my 'phone when I received a call from Paypal to my registered 'phone number. That call never came even though I retried three times.

Now it looks as if its trying to log me in directly but eventually gives up and I get a screen saying they can't confirm its me. I've done all the things recommended, changed the browser (up to date), cleared the cache, deleted old cookies, changed the DNS and even, as suggested,  turned the modem/router off and on again (really?).   

Stupid thing is, like the OP, I can and have changed my login password and received email confirmation its been accepted but on the accounts page it apparently still can not confirm it is me.

What is going on? I can sign up here and post about the problem but not get into my own account. Never had any problems like this before anywhere.

Login to Me Too

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

Surveillance capitalism, if they (PayPal, Facebook etc) can not always track you, you are not a "real person" form them. At this point, I just want to be able to log in to delete the account.

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

The absurdity continues.

When I came here to the community it asked if I wanted to login in again using my Paypal account. So I used the new password I'd changed to yesterday no problem.

I thought if that new password is confirmed working then I should be able to login to my account. Still no - I'm getting the 4 digit prompt for a telephone call that just never happens. But there's also a use other means option; so of course I click on that and and taken back to the same login in screen again. You can not message them directly because to do that........................you have to be logged in to your account. 

This is getting to Kafkaesque levels of absurdity where it appears you can not login to your own account because they can't tell if it is you or not without you first being logged into your account. Do you see the problem Paypal? If the telephone number registered is no longer valid or has been changed using a system that requires you to be logged in via that number which may well be the very thing you are trying to update is pretty dumb.

Login to Me Too

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

And the PayPal Community bot is asking me: "Did you get the answer you needed?" 

No, I didn't. I wonder if any of PayPal's idiot employees read this forum. Or if they understand it. 

Login to Me Too

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

At least I found one answer, PayPal's idiot employees do not read this forum. Or they don't care. 

I still can not log into my account.

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

Same here for me.

It is completely ridiculous, even more as you can login here and post using the Paypal account username and password.

I'm not a robot, it really is me. 😛

I guess the only way to get anything done is to revert to old technology and use the 'phone, contact Paypal customer services and see if they can sort out whatever the problem is.

Login to Me Too

bogdanw
Contributor
Contributor

I am not going to pay to listen to their robot for 20 minutes on the phone. It's 2020 and this is an online service.

Login to Me Too

SoulReaver2020
Contributor
Contributor

I do not want to have to do that either but what are the alternatives?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.