"Quick Security Check" Nonsense

Aspire43
Contributor
Contributor

After logging back into my account, which I haven't used in years, I get a message to perform a quick security check to be sure it's me, Paypal demands to call my home phone # and won't let me use my account until I comply.  This # is no longer at home, so I actually went over there to answer the call to get through this stupid hurdle.  After getting past the security check this way, I went about some business with the account, and then later tried to make a further payment with my Paypal account.  When I did so, Paypal asked me to login, and then following the login it told me it wanted to once again perform a "quick security check" by once again phoning my old residence.  As a result, I still can't make the payment through your service.  Why is the system designed so poorly, and would someone please fix this issue?  It's absolutely ridiculous!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aspire43 

Whats ridiculous is that you don't keep your personal details up to date to allow for any security checks to be made.

Try contacting customer services to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aspire43
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Unclear to me why, and concerning that you feel such a strong allegiance to this business.  It seems that neither of us can provide a rational explanation for why other forms of identification wouldn't suffice; using either my e-mail or cell# would make sense, and contrary to the assumption on which your childish insult is based, both are on file.  That being the case, it's quite clear that Paypal's approach to the issue is indeed ridiculous.  Thanks for the response! 😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.