"Login notification from PayPal" email every time I use PayPal app

benwrobinson
New Community Member

I have the PayPayl app on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) and every time I log in to the app I get an email letting me know that I've logged in.

Email Subject: Login notification from PayPal

Body: New Login to PayPal
We noticed a new login with your PayPal account associated with [email] from a device we don't recognize.

Device is listed as just "Android".

I do not see any options in the app to register the device, or control this notification. It's pretty annoying actually; I would like having relevant alerts if someone else logged into my account, but at this point I'm just ignoring the emails. Anyone know how to stop getting these alerts?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Bibibi1
Contributor
Contributor
I have rang customer service and they can't understand why this is happening. I'd like to know why. My devices are not shared, I've changed passwords and have 2 step verification and I still get these emails everyday. The unknown device attempts always occur early hours in the morning .. when I'm asleep! I live on my own so what the hell is going on!
Login to Me Too

dt3001
Contributor
Contributor

No one mentioned trouble "loggin in". That's a false narrative. Go back and READ the messages. They're all related to the same issue--unwanted "spam" emails being sent ... every ... single ... time ... we ... log ... in ... to PayPal. Answer the question HERE in the thread!

Login to Me Too

dt3001
Contributor
Contributor

RE: "First thought I had actually lost my password somehow. Any news on this? Or workarounds?"

Is there a huge difference, in your mind, between simply losing your password as compared to "actually" losing your password? Stop adding ridiculous "emphasis" words where they're not needed.

Correction: "*My first thought was that I'd lost my password. *Does anyone have new information (or workarounds) regarding this issue?"

Login to Me Too

Bibibi1
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happening to me. I've rang PP and they assure me my account is secure but I get this email everyday. It's still worrying. I've changed passwords and added 2 step verification and I still get the emails. It's driving me nuts!
Login to Me Too

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

Just started happening to me over the past 2-3 weeks. Very annoying. Thus far the only support I've received from the agent is that there is nothing I need to worry about. Your account is secure. Not exactly the answer I'm looking for.  I'm still getting all these emails! So you're tell me I should start ignoring your emails? And then when I receive an important email, I'll just ignore it. Boy who cried wolf.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.