"Add your mobile number"

PaulBrownsey
New Community Member

When I try to log in, a message pops up telling me to add my mobile number for additional security.  This seems to block my logging in, though I sometimes manage to get in eventually by various clickings; I can never work out what does the trick.

Anyhow, here's the problem.  I DO NOT HAVE A MOBILE.  So I cannot give a mobile number.  I have tried messaging PayPal about this but the replies I get do not acknowledge the problem and just tell me what a stood idea it is to give 'my' mopbile number for additional security.  They never address the question of what to do if, like me, you are one of those rare but real people who do not use a mobile.

I am worried I might gedt locked out permanently of the money I have lodged with PayPal, but I cannot get this issue addressed.  I'd be grateful for any advice.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulBrownsey 

If you ever have your account hacked and need to prove i.d. to paypal to get back in then they will send a code to your paypal linked phone, if you don't have one then you may have issues.

Why not get a PAYG one to keep just for paypal? Tescos do them for about a tenner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaulBrownsey
New Community Member

Thanks.  I may need to do that.  But it is irritating that PayPal won't engage with me about it.  I could give a landline number, but I don't know whether that would be accepted, since they won't engage.  The messaging exchanges I have had with them are scream-making in their refusal to answer what i ask.  All they do is to0 repeat their rationale for giving a mobile number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.