prepaid phone service number not mine?

Spiqeddy
New Community Member
I have been on this prepaid phone plan for over a year now, I plan to keep using it for the long term, it's not just a burner phone number, it has been in my name for this whole time. Why won't paypal accept it to verify my account? The really messed up part is in order to even use my account, I am forced to use a family member phone to get past the stupid text verification code part of payment, obviously their phone number really isn't in my name but its all good because its post paid. Even worse, every time I try to make a purchase, it prompts me to enter a phone number even though I already have a phone verified on my account, at this point I can seem to enter any old phone number I want, as long as its not my prepaid phone number, receive the "security verification code" from that phones text, and viola, i can complete the purchase, how is that security verification? So your saying if a hacker got my login information as long as they have a post paid mobile phone service, they can just enter their phone number, get the "security verification code " and pow, make a purchase on my account no questions asked, however me, the owner of the account, cannot do the same because I choose to use a cheaper and simpler prepaid phone service?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.