New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?
1. Pending (with a clearance date)
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.
5. Pending/Uncleared with a clearance date.
6. Pending awaiting authorisation.
Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.
1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.
2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.