Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lasha521 

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and restart device.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lasha521 

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies and restart device.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dreamhorse2017
Contributor
Contributor

Did this work? 

I have had 2 good customers with this issue in the past week.  Paypal says their account is being block because of some kind of abuse, which is NOT the case here.  Paypal says the customers need to call them directly at[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and have their account unblocked.

Login to Me Too

rourourou
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem (sometimes I'm able to log in, mostly I get an access denied message) and this does nothing. Whenever I am able to log in I'll try to contact Paypal via email to ask for help but instead get an error message after I try to send them a report! It's extremely frustrating.

Login to Me Too

tom-do
New Community Member

Same here. it happens again and again and the resolution is fine for one run, but next time the same problem.

I also did report this to PayPal via mail and on the phone and nothing is happening.

Honestly, if PayPal is not willing or able to fix it, I will change my payment methods to Apple Pay or return back to my good old credit card payment.

This issue is known for ages now and never have been resolved properly. I am no longer accepting that I have to clear my browser cache and all the other  things to be able to use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

jkfrench1
Contributor
Contributor

This solution did not work for me.

I use Safari on a Mac (all latest versions). I used to 'pin' often used websites to the left side of my bookmarks bar.

When I unpinned PayPal, normal service was resumed. YMMV.

Login to Me Too

MarvH
Contributor
Contributor

I have cleared the history on my apple computer and restarted and the same thing happens? Access Denied! Has anyone really looked into why this happens in the first place?

Login to Me Too

jhall3rd
Contributor
Contributor

This happens to me also ~HALF THE TIME. I typically login 5-10 times a day (business acct). I always have to just wait it out (about 30-60 minutes my guess). >> I frequently get the following message: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/webapps/hermes?" on this server. Reference #18.cd397c68.1592514916.218510d7 &n...

I have not tried the clean cache & cookies but that sure seems like a big hassle and completely unnecessary. C'mon Paypal!

Login to Me Too

AnC01
New Community Member

Clear cache and restart device does not work, VPN has the same problem.

I accept business payment and pay a lot of business bills through a merchant account. It should not be acceptable that users receive an access denied when they just went through the correct password and double authentication codes

When you then send an email to support from PayPal, some <removed> message comes to say you have to log in to your account to report the problem...ehhh can't log in to the account due to access denied message!!!!

This is really frustrating Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 09.01.11.png

Login to Me Too

vanie999
Contributor
Contributor

same here. it's really annoying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.