not my phone number to confirm paypal

beaford1
Contributor
Contributor

Please help this is driving me mad. being trying to log into paypal for 3 days and tried every avenue including phoning them it was automated and asks for phone number when I give them it they say no account in this number. the problem is when I try to log into pay pal it says next then says to make sure it is me they have sent a text to the number below with a verification number the problem is it shows last 4 digits and is a number that I have never had or know. so going round in circles. I obviously cant change or contact anybody without first getting into acoount. I am worried someone has tried to hack my account but cant get anywhere without this text code it is stressing me really bad PLEASE HELP. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BoritoPalito
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem. What solved it was loggin in via developer.paypal.com.

Then after you have logged in, go to Paypal.com and change your settings.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

beaford1
Contributor
Contributor

Can I just add I have bought and sold hundreds of items through pay pal the latest being only days ago. I tried to log in to pay for item when problem came up. Thanks 

Login to Me Too
Solved

BoritoPalito
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem. What solved it was loggin in via developer.paypal.com.

Then after you have logged in, go to Paypal.com and change your settings.

Login to Me Too

beaford1
Contributor
Contributor

All sorted thanks for your help . Cheers Paul.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.