not letting me remove my bank account

michgack
Contributor
Contributor

get frustrated. PayPal will not let me remove my bank account from my wallet. the screen goes blank after I say yes to removing it. when I try to remove on the app instead it says there is a problem. when I try to contact PayPal it says it can not verify its me. and there is no phone support as well. this is getting beyond frustrating.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi, From your computer, here's how: Click Wallet at the top of the page. Click the bank you want to remove. Click Remove bank. From your PayPal app, here's how: Tap the Settings icon at the top right of the screen. Tap Banks and Cards. Tap the bank you want to remove. Click Remove Bank. * Any pending transactions with this bank will be processed, even after you remove it from your PayPal account. * If you're removing your only bank account linked to PayPal, you must choose a new primary bank. Thanks. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

jdonstot
New Community Member

This reply didn't answer the original poster's complaint, which is that the screen goes blank when trying to remove a bank account. I encountered this same problem while accessing Paypal using a browser (Chrome) on a PC. I went to the "Wallet" and tried to remove a bank account. When I clicked on "Are you sure?", the screen went blank. I then tried to remove the bank using the Paypal app on my iPhone. In that case, when I clicked Yes to "Are you sure?", the app responded "Authorization is pending for that instrument". I looked all through my account and couldn't find any pending authorizations. Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

michgack
Contributor
Contributor

that did not help me. I have followed all guidelines to removing the account and it does not work. the page goes blank. and I can not contact PayPal for help for some reason it says It can not verify me. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.