name issues

michaelmaina
Contributor
Contributor

I created my Paypal with account using two names my first name and second name and i tried to link it to my Mpesa account which is contains three names so i get an error trying to link Paypal account and Mpesa i need help.. please

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @michaelmaina, I hope all is well. If you think that your name on your PayPal account is the reason why you can't link it to your Mpesa account then you should request for a name change and that is something I can help you. You will only need to access your PayPal account using computer, laptop, or mobile web browser as the process does not work in the app. Kindly see the link and be guided accordingly: https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-paypal-account-faq926?app.... Please also be advised that requesting a name change may take longer than usual to be completed due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency - reason why our phone lines are closed. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!
Login to Me Too

endelezake
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Ragnar_Lothbrok ,

I'm having the same problem.

We have a business account and I already checked to make sure that the name of the owner matches exactly the name registered on Mpesa.

Still, I keep getting the message saying that the names don't match. I even called Mpesa Costumer Service already, and they told me to get in touch with Paypal. Please, help.

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @endelezake, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community forum. I also appreciate your effort by double checking that the name is exactly the same. That said, this requires a visual audit on your business PayPal account and since this is a public forum, no one has access to it. I recommend that you contact our Customer Service to see if the problem is really with us. To get there, kindly Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country. Since, our phone lines are currently closed due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency, you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. Or, you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter? You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

endelezake
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply @Ragnar_Lothbrok !

It's been hard to talk to them by any means.

On facebook, they say they can't connect me to an agent.

I've sent them an e-mail, via message centre yesterday, but no answers yet.

Do you know how long they usually take?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.