name change

mksw
Contributor
Contributor

Edit: Okay. It has been resolved. Thanks to sending messages via the Message Centre. They removed my middle name with no difficulties. And seeing as it was within 24 hours, it seems quite prompt.

Initial post follows:

So I have a question.  (I know how to change name, so don't need help with that part.)

Here's my story.

Way back, with the old system, I did get my account verified, and was able to transfer between bank and Paypal. With only having first and last name.
However, it looks like in the last month? or so? Paypal has made some changes, and now asks users for proof of ID and SSN.
So I supply this info.
(At first, Paypal rejected my W-2 (that was a 3 page PDF.)... so I sent it again with just the one page needed, and went okay.)
However, Paypal said my name didn't match the ID, and they added my middle name to my account so that it does. (Really?) They tell me it has returned to regular standing (I guess that means I now have a Paypal Cash account... or whatever.) I haven't checked to see if bank transfers still work, though. 
It almost looks like they might have added that to my first name field given how things across the site seem to be showing... e.g.: Hello [First] [Middle]
That looks awkward.
My ID has the information formatted as: (without the brackets)

Name
[LAST]
[FIRST],[MIDDLE]

I'd rather not have my middle name there if it is not needed, so is this necessary? (And could I possibly get it removed/returned the way it was?) = How many other people have their middle name on their account? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @mksw!

I'm happy to hear that everything was resolved. The reason you experienced this is due to recent changes in US law now requires us to fully verify our members' identities before we can provide specific services including receiving payments or holding a balance in PayPal. For more information, please visit our Help Center:

PayPal’s Customer Identification Program (CIP)

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.