my shared account

traiquarn
Contributor
Contributor

greetings i had a shared account with a family relative that has passed away an want to gain access to my account but it is asking me for a 4 digit code but i dont have it. i was told that i would just have to answer some security questions then i would be able to gain access.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@traiquarn 

If its in your name but you don't have the code to get into the app then you would need to phone customer services.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@traiquarn 

You can't share a personal account, it has to be in one persons name only and with a bank account linked in that persons name.

So is it in your name or the other persons?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

traiquarn
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for replying 

yes the account is in my name so how do i go about it please.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@traiquarn 

If its in your name but you don't have the code to get into the app then you would need to phone customer services.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.