mobile phone

vico1
Contributor
Contributor

Where I live there is N

Capture paypal.PNG

O mobile signal  so I don't have one,  does this mean I can no longer use paypal  & why do I keep getting this message

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Per_Camp
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @vico1 ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and to answer your question...it's very important for you to have a mobile phone with signal for additional protection on your account and it also mean of verification in case of transaction. please check the link below for further assistance so we can check for other options for you.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Hope  this helps and stay safe.

Login to Me Too

56d24K
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.  The assumption is that everyone either has

a. a mobile phone and signal where they live, or

b. a mobile phone that is modern enough to do wifi texting, or

c. enough cash to upgrade your mobile phone to one that does this.

I am sorry Paypal but I don't comply with a), b) or c). 

How can you help me and the others in the same boat as us?

Login to Me Too

56d24K
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the process of discussing this with PP via message centre but so far they have come up with no alternative than to have a valid mobile phone number.  There seems absolutely no comprehension that for some of us there is no mobile signal, so we can't read an SMS sent to us and therefore can't input the code. 

It astonishes me that PP hasn't put in a workaround to this problem that is shared by many of us in the UK. 

Login to Me Too

c13ett
New Community Member

I have the same issue and help desk keeps sending email that requires a code to be entered . but I cannot access the code as i do not have a mobile signal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@c13ett 

@vico1 

@56d24K 

I have no signal so i use wifi phoning, problem solved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.