login without phone number

swampcholla
Contributor
Contributor

Do the terms of service now REQUIRE two factor authentication with a mobile phone?  I made multiple purchases in the past few weeks without needing that, but today went to log into my account and other than accessing this forum, can't get anywhere without entering my phone, including customer service.  Yeah, I know sometimes it's better.  But I just don't want to provide it to yet another online entity.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swampcholla 

Read the reply from the moderator on this thread.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Don-t-have-a-mobile-phone/m-p/2032677#M65272

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

oscarlasp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I personally believe this 2 Stage Authentication Login should applied to Business People, Merchants and generally individuals who handle large amounts of Money via PayPal, we customers who only use PayPal for domestic shopping-transactions of moderate value ,find the 2Stage business too "Time Consuming" and "unnecessary, nothing wrong an do not have complaints about the Past-System.......do not welcome having to make phone calls at 2.00am when you are ready to go to bed....is awkward and a pain........sorry to say this but I'm not happy about this, without first conducting an "enquiry  with PayPal Customers".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.