login my account and sometimes get a strangers name the same stranger

Indy-1234
New Community Member
This has happened several times nothing has been taken from account l log out all the information in the account is mine it has happened several times the same name a mans appears- Today it happen again (it doesn’t happen all time just sometimes) l took a screenshot of it . I contacted PayPal they checked my account it’s okay . I said l would send them the screenshot and l have tried and tried several attempts e-mail ping back to me - and l tried the help on the PayPal site which you have to a subject matter there was not one for me so when to email and my reply l think was automated was information on emails I am below average intelligence am dyslexic emails are not part of my every day life so be patient with me l need an address l was given one but it’s not working for me . Thank you Indy
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Indy-1234 

Click the Bell icon on your top menu, near log out button, click inbox, click View messages. Hmm. it looks like you have to then select the category closest to yours and keep replying to the emails. It just to just let you write a message, now they're spitting out all guesses as to what the problem is. PayPal trying to get customers to do this self-service thing. .sigh. 

Try Password/Account access > log in problems > Continue and you'll have to call PayPal and ask them for a way to send a screen shot. Are you seeing this name when you log in to your summary page? And it says a greeting and then this person's name? (ie good morning, [stranger's name]).

Try refreshing the page. Maybe clearing browser cache, cookies and restart device.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.