iphone App Bug - Security issue v7.18.2

nathanmjones
New Community Member

iOS version 13.1.2

Paypal version: 7.18.2

Until yesterday all was working perfectly, whenever I wanted to log in to Paypal on my iPhone I was asked for a fingerprint.

However, on this occasion I logged into Paypal via PC browser and was prompted to enable the new OneTouch.

I did not want it.
At the same time in the top right corner I was presented with a small pop-up asking me if I wanted to continue as Nathan using
Gmail (I believe) - so I clicked it and avoided clicking the OneTouch button. I was logged in and presented with the Account
Summary page as normal. FINE.

However, OneTouch did enable itself - I am not sure how this works but it said something about assoiciating itself with my
Gmail account.

I disabled OneTouch in the browser Paypal Security section.

Then on my iPhone app I opened Paypal and was not
asked for my fingerprint as usual. I was just logged straight in to account summary. This is not right, surely.

I tried disabling and renabling Touch ID in the Paypal app - no difference. So I deleted the app and reinstalled (now 7.18.2)
but it is exactly the same - I am never asked for a Fingerprint - Paypal just logs staight in.

If I choose to Log Out of the app and then log back in I am asked for the Password. If I then close the app and re-open it just
logs straight in to the Azzount Summary - no fingerprint required.

Does this sound normal? Has something fundamental changed?
If so this is complete stupidity. Now, if an iPhone is unlocked technically someone could open Paypal and withdraw/send money.

Am I missing something?
All my other apps function normally with my fingerprint and unlocking the iphone is normal too.
WTF!!! Support are useless too - they cannot understand English let alone this.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.