impossible to close account

unlistedmoniker
Contributor
Contributor

Does it require a complaint to the Attorney General's office to get an account closed.  I've been bouncing in circles for half an hour, and I can find no way to actually get the account closed.  I spent 6 phone calls and a chat between PayPal and Ebay last night in order to get a payment cleared, and the two of them just kept bouncing me back at the other, claiming it was "their" problem. I don't do business with people like that. As a result I've got a payment in limbo that neither of them will tackle.  Add to that a series of telephone operators who I can barely understand and who clearly don't understand me, and I've had enough.  BUT, following the directions to close the account simply results in a message that I must contact customer service.  Click the link, and the cycle begins all over again.  It's like joining the mafia - you're not allowed to quit. Anybody know how to knock this nonsense off?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@unlistedmoniker 

What happened with the payment? Why isn't it cleared? Was it a bank payment or credit card payment? The payment issue has to be resolved first before the account can be closed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

unlistedmoniker
Contributor
Contributor

The perfect catch 22. Pay Pal blames it on eBay, eBay blames it on PayPal, and I can't close either account as a result.  And the reason I want to close both accounts is because I'm not interested in getting caught between the two of them ever again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.