cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impossible to close account

impossible to close account

Does it require a complaint to the Attorney General's office to get an account closed.  I've been bouncing in circles for half an hour, and I can find no way to actually get the account closed.  I spent 6 phone calls and a chat between PayPal and Ebay last night in order to get a payment cleared, and the two of them just kept bouncing me back at the other, claiming it was "their" problem. I don't do business with people like that. As a result I've got a payment in limbo that neither of them will tackle.  Add to that a series of telephone operators who I can barely understand and who clearly don't understand me, and I've had enough.  BUT, following the directions to close the account simply results in a message that I must contact customer service.  Click the link, and the cycle begins all over again.  It's like joining the mafia - you're not allowed to quit. Anybody know how to knock this nonsense off?

2 REPLIES 2
Volunteer Advisor

Re: impossible to close account

@unlistedmoniker 

What happened with the payment? Why isn't it cleared? Was it a bank payment or credit card payment? The payment issue has to be resolved first before the account can be closed.

Kudos & problem resolved are greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

Re: impossible to close account

The perfect catch 22. Pay Pal blames it on eBay, eBay blames it on PayPal, and I can't close either account as a result.  And the reason I want to close both accounts is because I'm not interested in getting caught between the two of them ever again.