i have forgotten my password to and my security questions is there any way i can access that account

leepaul
New Community Member

i have 2 pay pal accounts which are both linked to my ebay account i can not access the one thats linked to my sellers account on ebay as i have forgotten my login details and the security questions to change them there is money i need to transfer in to my bank account is there any way i can access the account or change the password without the security questions?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

Do you have access to your email address? Is so then you can go through the password recovery process and follow the steps in the email you receive through this.

If you don't have access to the email address, start the password recovery process and on the page where it says we have sent you an email, look at the last option. It says I you no long have access to the email address you can confirm the account by phone. You can click on by phone and then follow the online steps.

Here are the beginning steps to recovering your password.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click ‘Problem with login?’ under the ‘Log In' button.
  3. Select ‘I’ve forgotten my password.’
  4. Enter the email address you used to create your PayPal account.
  5. Enter the security code shown, without spaces.
  6. Click ‘Continue.’ 
Login to Me Too

janet22
Contributor
Contributor

please help me on how can i recover my account which i forgot password and security questions,i only have access is the email address used to create account...i cannot contact any paypal here in philippines i tried calling but number doesnt exist..

Login to Me Too

Photogaff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I've tried going through this process of resetting a password for a friend who is struggling to get in to her account but still no joy. She cannot remember the security question answers, she has taken the automated call and entered the codes but the only choice of further verification in the dropdown box is the security questions, and nothing else.

What is the next step? We cannot seem to contact PayPal because we need a one time code in order to call them?!? Surely that's a chicken and egg situation. Is there a number she can call to just have her email account have a reset password link sent to it, or her phone?

Thanks,

Peter

Login to Me Too

DADRAL90
New Community Member

I cant understand why this is SO complicated. 

the email address that was on my seller account, i forgot the password too! as in i cant acces the paypal account associated with that email address because i cant remeber the password OR the security questions. soon, this email will be defunct as it is an university one and i have gradauted. but someone has paid for this item and funds have gone into this account. i have now made a new email and added another card and linked this to my seller account. but how do i access the email and its linked paypal account? the payment says pending! so should i ask the buyer to cancel the payment? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi DADRAL90,

Welcome to our PayPal community.

You can recover your password even if you do not use, or do not have access to, the email address associated with your PayPal account.

Here's how to recover your password:

1. Go to www.paypal.com
  2. Click "forgot?" next to Password.
  3. Click "Get started."
  4. Click "I don't know my password."
  5. Enter the email address you used to create your PayPal account.
  6. Enter the security code, without spaces, then click Continue.
  7. Click "by phone."
  8. Select a phone number for us to call you at, pick a time, and then click Continue.
  9. When we call you, enter the 4-digit code, and click Continue.
  10. Select a method of account verification, enter your information, and click Continue.
  11. Enter a new password and click Submit. You will automatically be logged in to your account.

After you create a new password, you can add your current email address to your PayPal account and remove the email address that you do not use. Here's how to update your email address:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click "My personal info."
  4. Click Update near Email.
  5. Click Add.
  6. Enter your email address and click "save."
  7. Select the new email address and click Make Primary to complete the process.

We'll send an email to your new email address. Click the link in the email to confirm your new email address.
Here's how to remove the email address you do not use:

1. Select the email address you no longer use and click Remove.
  2. Click Remove.

We are in Twitter @AskPayPal and Facebook , if you have any questions please feel free to contact us 🙂

Best regards

Arda 

Login to Me Too

6878-_1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have a business account, the employees who were used to create the account are no longer with the company. I have the email address which is still active but have no idea what the password or security answers are. They also cannot be contacted as i do  not have their contact details. Please assist as I have funds that need to be urgently recovered.

thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi 6878-_1,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

I'm afraid we don't have access to your accout details through here so it might be best to give us a quick ring to resolve this.

We offer a toll free number in the UK if you're calling from your landline and can help you reset your password in no time at all.

You call call us by clicking the 'contact' tab at the bottom of your account.

I hope that helps Hi 6878-_1 and have a great weekend!

Conor

Login to Me Too

kreelman
Contributor
Contributor

I've a situaition that here that is extremly stressful.

My wife owns a shop and wants to open and attach a PayPal account to it.

We find that someone has recently opened an account using her email address and set up two factor sign in.

We keep getting emails from paypal that have nothing to do with us using my wifes email. She's not autherized any paypal accounts or anything so how on earth is someone using her email to defraud other poor souls when it's not even been verified from her email address.

I've emailed Paypal, I've phoned Paypal, I've emailed them again notifying them of the situation and they seem like they have as much power over their own system as a flatulance in a storm. They wanted us to contact microsoft and tell them to call paypal saying we own the email. I call microsoft and appently we can only be eligable for support if we pay their $99 support fee and even then they wouldn't do that as it's not something they do anyway! Paypal won't give us any details despite us supplying info on the emails, the account name its been opened up in and other details.

It's crazy. I just want a stop put to this account. Paypal have the persons numbers and address's. Why cant they contact 'them' and say they're sending an email that they must reply to else their account will be suspended. The person wouldn't be able to respond as it would come to us and we could stop all this.

It's so stressful knowing that fraud is occuring, notifying the fact and being told that there's nothing that can be done.

It's crazy. Any ideas anyone how I can stop this please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi kreelman,

That does sound very stressful. As we cannot see your account here we cannot take any action on your behalf but if you reach out to us via our social media channels we would be happy to help.

You can contact us through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.