i am reporting a SCAM.

mn6902
Contributor
Contributor

I AM REPORTING A SCAM.

ALSO, WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO REPORT THIS TO PAYPAL? I AM BEING SENT IN CIRCLES!

PLEASE SEE THE MESSAGE THAT I RECIEVED BELOW. THIS WAS NOT MY CHARGE. WHEN I CALLED THE NUMBER IN THE EMAIL FROM LINDAA <removed>, THE PERSON TRIED TO GET ME TO DOWNLOAD THE APP "ANYDESK". I DID NOT DOWNLOAD IT, AND AFTER A SEARCH I LEARNED THAT ANYDESK IS A SCAM. HERE IS THE MESSAGE THAT I RECIEVED TODAY:

We noticed a login

LINDAA <removed> 

10:31

We noticed a login To your PayPal account from an unusual location and are concerned about a potential
Unauthorized account access and your PayPal account is being charged with $499
What to do next?
The security of your PayPal account is a top priority for us and we want to work together to help protect it.
If you have further questions or need to secure your PayPal account contact us call at [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/font>
We appreciate your patience in helping us resolve this issue
Thank you
David
Finance Team
Helpline number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/font>
Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA, USA <removed>

CAN YOU HELP ME? THANKS VERY MUCH,

MIKE    mn6902

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @mn6902

I'm sorry to hear of the situation. This email certainly isn't from us. You can find details how to spot a fake email and what to do if you receive one here

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mn6902
Contributor
Contributor

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.

MIKE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.