how to sign in when unable to receive mobile phone confirmation

Gloryboy50
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am currently in China. I want to sign in to my paypal account but cannot. I enter my password and username which is accepted, however, there is a second stage which asks for mobile phone confirmation. Unfortunately as I have not lived in the UK now for over 16 months this number does not work. How on earth am I supposed to login to my account to change my contactable mobile number if that is the very thing I need to sign in in the first place ??? It is so frustrating !!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gloryboy50 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.