how long does it take to verify newly added bank account?

topcat007
Contributor
Contributor

It stated something about a direct debit agreement and 5 days but i have lost the message now..

it currently states

"

Primary

Confirmed "

does that mean i can send payments now to another account or would payment be delayed because of this?

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keithlenz

Sounds as if you have linked and verified your bank CARD.

But you have not linked and verfied your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

keithlenz
Contributor
Contributor

Well I tried to call paypal support numerous times to assis me on the matter, they took a look at my account and they said that I'm all good to go. I don't get it. my phone app shows still unverified for the bank account details. I have already entered the bank code and the information required with the paypal representative I spoke with on the line and they even said it's good to go.

Seems I'm getting more and more confused. I have  a Security Bank account with a master debit card. They are just one but how come the bank account details shows unverified in the app?. There's no way for me to see and change status online through website.

I was even debited 100 php and till now it hasn't been reimbursed to my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Keithlenz,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. It sounds like your account is not set up in Philippines, as you mention that there was a charge of 100 PHP, which would be the temporary charge applied to confirm the card. 

Please bear in mind that the option to verify a bank account is not available in Philippines at this time. You can use the bank for withdrawals but since it wouldn't be available as a funding source, you won't need to confirm it. 

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Philipbv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, it says here hat it takes 2-3 days to verify newly added bank account. I guess mine was more than 3 days by now, but still the "checking status" was still there, ANY HELP.? Want to know if its normal..tnx

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Philipbv! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community! If you've initiated the bank confirmation, I recommend reviewing your bank account (i.e. online bank statement) where the verification deposits are usually shown within a few hours. However, it might take about 5-7 days depending on your bank. Hope this helps. - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Philipbv
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, i already remove my bank account after linking new visa account. I believe if the bank account has no physical card or just a plain savings account, it takes a while or even hard to verify successfully to the paypal account online. Tnx anyway 

Login to Me Too

BrianJohn12Z
New Community Member

My daughter set up a paypal account yesterday and sent me a money request i sent the money but it just says pending when i click pay now its says we are not able to procees your payment right now 

Login to Me Too

Rupal_Gupta
New Community Member

i make account 27th of may but i didn't get any verification amount? when will i got it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Rupal_Gupta, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK community!

When you initiate the bank confirmation this is normally completed pretty fast.  I suggest you to review your bank account where the verification deposit should be showed between 5-7 days.

Hope this helps, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

juhvee1
Contributor
Contributor
I just added my bank account to my paypal account. How long does it take for me to withdraw my money from paypal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.