how long does it take to verify newly added bank account?

topcat007
Contributor
Contributor

It stated something about a direct debit agreement and 5 days but i have lost the message now..

it currently states

"

Primary

Confirmed "

does that mean i can send payments now to another account or would payment be delayed because of this?

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

PayPal_Sophie

Hi topcat007,

Welcome to the Community Forum! It sounds like your bank account is fully confirmed and you should now be able to use it as a funding source on your PayPal account.

You should be able to use your bank to send money instantly, but if you only have your bank registered, sending a payment may take 5-7 working days to complete. If you would like to add a credit or debit card as a back up funding source, you will be able to make instant payments using the bank.

Please let me know if you have any more questions,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

topcat007
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Sophie Thank you for getting back to me So just having my card added will send the payment to another PayPal account instantly? How long does it take for the other person to withdraw from PayPal to their bank account please? Is that also instant I heard it it 2 hours max? If it is that amazing!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi topcat007,

Yes, when you have your card added the funds should be sent from your account immediately. When the other person receives your payment, they can withdraw it immediately. Depending on the capabilities for their account, the money could be in their bank account 2-3 hours after withdrawal.

I hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

SSJHA21
Contributor
Contributor

Two small amount needed to verify my account has not been sent by Pay- pal and the process is pending since January 20. This may pl be taken up at the earliest so that I can operate my account in a convenient manner.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lidia

Hello SSJHA21,

Thank you for posting.

You'll find the two random deposits on your online bank statement within 2-3 working days of the date stated above, or on your paper statement.

• The deposits will post separately to your bank account
  • Both deposits will be between 1p and 99p

If you still not seeing this deposits then you will need to call us for free to our Customer Service line 0800 358 7911. We're open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, from 8am to 9pm on Saturday and from 9am to 9pm on Sunday.

I hope this helps.

Lidia

Login to Me Too

SSJHA21
Contributor
Contributor

As suggested by you that it will take two or three days in realising two small amounts by Pay- pal. However, this has not reached so far resulting in delay in the account - verification process.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Suggest you do as advised in the last paragraph by the moderator above.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AFolkes
New Community Member
I have the same issue, l have removed and added my card back several times and the amount is still yet to be added to the card.
Login to Me Too

keithlenz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I added my bank account information which had a debit card masterccard as well, tha debit card mastercard information was also entered on my paypal account, I have entered the confirmation code  today but upon checking paypal app on my phone , it still states bank account unverified. I used my security bank account. Please advice

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.