@captsteve

Not sure i know what you mean?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

captsteve
Contributor
Contributor

I received a nice reminder from PP that one of my credit cards in my profile is going to expire at the end of the month.  I rarely use that card so I hadn't noticed.  I called the Credit card (bank) and asked them if the new card had been mailed to me.  They told me it was being printed by the company they use and I would have it before the end of the month when the old one expires.  

A few days later I received a second email from PP indicating that they have the new expiration date in my profile so the card is good to use.  I logged into my PP account and found out what the new expiration date is and by they way, I still haven't received the new credit card.How can PP know before I do.  With every other company I do business with where I have a credit card on file, I update my credit cards.

I did a google search for the answer and found at least 5 other people who had the issue with PP. One of them called PP and found that some credit card companies provide this unsafe process to send new credit card information to firms (that have this card on file and who I guess pay for this service like PP).  One unhappy PP user said He ordered an entirely new credit card as a replacement for one that had been stolen (fraud) and PP got the new number before he did.

I tried to call PP but since my question didn't fit any of their "reasons for my call", I could NOT get a phone number to call.  I am thinking about cancelling my PP account for that reason alone.  Why c an't they have an "other" reason when nothing fits their parameters.  Very aggravating.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@captsteve

If your card is eligible for automatic updates with PayPal, we may update the card for you when new information is available, including a new expiration date or a new card number. Any billing agreement and payment preference associated with the old card will be migrated to the new card. We may also remove a card on your behalf if the card becomes unusable or has been closed.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ408

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.