New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I've recently moved from Canada to Spain so i wanted to change my home adress and my credit card number since i deleted my account in Canada, when i did this i forgot that i had netflix and twitch linked on my bank acount and so my paypal account, since my bank account was deleted they took the money from paypal and now i'm in negative balance. I need to pay this to delete my account but every time i try it shows this mesage after putting in my information:
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."
What am i supoused to do now??I've tried this in different days and it keeps showing the same.
I moved from UAE to India. To change country I have to close the account first and for that I must have zero balance. Paypal site does not allow either closing or the transferring the money . If we complain, they simply mail saying they tried to call, but they do not as I do not have any missing number. If I call, it is automated, and I have to spend a lot of money. A lot of people face this problem but it has not been solved. I authorized them to close it and transfer the money to my new account when I open. No use. I have been trying this for many months now. One should think of alternatives.
Thank you for contacting the Community Forum and welcome to dikshant as a new member!
Once you have created a new PayPal Account you can log into the old account and send the money yourself.
To send money:
If you experience any difficulties I would suggest you call us.
Thanks - Siobhan
Once you have created a PayPal Account it is not possible to change the country of residency or the country code for the phone number. All PayPal Accounts are country specific and these details are preset when the account is created.
If you move to another country please create a new PayPal Account selecting your new country of residency. Any funds you have remanining in your old PayPal Account can be transferred to your new PayPal Account by following these steps:
Thanks - Siobhan
I find it very disappointing that Paypal is hiding behind financial regulations and shows no interest in helping their international users even though they could easily do so. Here are things you could do even if there was a law preventing you from changing countries on accounts:
1. You are asking the users to open a new account. But then they would need to move the funds. You will be charging fees for that transfer. Why don't you offer free transfers between their own (forced to create) accounts?
2. An account may have hundreds of transaction. By closing the old and opening a new account, that reputation is lost. Why don't you let users preserve that reputation on the new (forced) account ?
3. The new account needs to be verified. That both takes time and effort. Since the original account is already validated, why not allow a validated account user an easier way to verify the new (forced) account?
4. The account had data, If the user is forced to close the old account, why not allows a way to access the transaction history of the old account from the new (forced) account?
You can see that you are putting your international users in meaningless unnecessary trouble.
Surely you can do more to help them out, if you just have the will to do so.
1. Nope because you withdraw all funds and close your old account before you move to another country.
2. What reputation? If someone opens a dispute etc then paypal decides the outcome regardless of whether the account holder has been on paypal for 10 years or 1 year, makes no difference.
3. Takes about 30 mins to verify a new account dependent on country.
4. Mute point but unlikely you would need to do so if the account was closed so disputes would not be able to be raised anyway in another country.
Paypal has to be country specific as they are not banks and so have to abide by the government and banking laws in each country and thats why each country differs on what is allowed and what is not allowed.
You are of course right, and everybody else complaining in page after page both in this thread and other threads are completely wrong.
Don't want to see a problem, hear a problem or talk about a problem. This has been Paypal's response for years.
So you are allowed an opinion but I am not entitled to reply to your post with my own opinion??
It would be great if we could use 1 paypal account worldwide, but don't blame paypal (on this occasion) because we can't.
They can only do what the banks / governments allow them to do per country.
That is why its not available in some countries / some can send but not recieve / some can withdraw to bank accounts and some not / some can't withdraw at all.
I am sure Paypal would be glad to have the same thing available in every country but unfortunately those countries don't allow it.