how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@electrapatronum 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ZIDAN_XXXL
New Community Member

You are hot Siobhán!!! Peace!!! 😉

Login to Me Too

flyggruppen

So how do I add my UK bank card to my swedish account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi flyggruppen ,

Welcome to the community forum. 

It wouldn't be possible to add a UK bank account to a Swedish account. You would need to use a Swedish bank if that is where you are living.

If you have just moved though you may be able to add a UK card to get you started in the new country. I'd recommend trying to add it. 

You would only be able to add the card once though. When it expires a Swedish card would need to be used. 

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

martinkonicek

Create a new account just because of moving? This can't be correct, right?

Login to Me Too

qb2iwoxc
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal account in UK where I am resident.

I now spend a lot of time in Cyprus and it would be useful to add my Cyprus bank as a destination for funds some of which are in euros.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Doc

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi qb2iwoxc

Welcome to the community forum. 

It's not possible to add your Cypriot bank account to your UK PayPal account. What you can do, since you are in both places is open a Cypriot PayPal account for when you are there. You would need to add an address in Cyprus but you could then add your bank or card and use that account in Euro. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

why_WHY_WHY
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Paypal for years with same settings.. now I cannot make any payments.. I want to close my account I followed your instructions but I dont see any options to close my account.. 

Login to Me Too

kingsouq

Hi Techie,

Good day. Is it any possibility to change country name and address to United Arab Emirates. I do not want to delete my paypal account which is very old and made several transactions.

Kindly check and update me.

Thanks in advance,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi kingsouq,

Thanks for posting.

When you move to another country, you need to close your old PayPal account and create a new account using your new address. As PayPal is country specific and available functionalities can differ from one country to another, you cannot change the country on your PayPal account. Instead you need to open a new PayPal account. I understand that you have an account history with us and don't want to lose this but  it would be necessary to open a new account. If you still have an address is the country you were previously in you could keep the old account also.

Here’s how to close your old PayPal account should you wish to do that:

Click the Profile icon at the top of the page.
    Select My account settings.
    In the ‘Account Type’ section, click Close account and follow the instructions.

After you close your account, any transactions that are in progress are cancelled.

Here’s how to create a new PayPal account. Be aware that your browser cookies may have saved the country of the old account so be sure you are selecting the correct country before signing up:

Go to www.paypal.com
    Click Sign Up at the top of the page.
    Select your country or region and your language.
    Select the type of account you want to create, and then click Get Started.
    Enter your information, and then click Agree and Create Account.

After you have confirmed your email address, you can use your new account.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.