how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210512b 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rajbharjitendra
Contributor
Contributor

how i can change my nationality ?

im an indian but on paypal by mistake i put as american citizen beacuse of wrong nationality i cant connect my bank account and i have some money in my paypal account which i recieved from working online. i wont abel to withdraw those money and i cant even send it to my friend dont know why.

please help me i tryed every posibility but nothing is happning.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rajbharjitendra 

US PayPal has policies that require the need to link a US bank account or verify certain personal information that is US-centric in order to accept the money.

In your case the money will be returned unclaimed to the sender after 30 days.

In the meantime, open a PayPal India account which as has it’s own policies that require some steps for you to complete to start receiving money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rajbharjitendra
Contributor
Contributor

thank for your replay.

yes i know those thinks but i had recieved money in 2016-17 and its still in my this account.

plz reply 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rajbharjitendra 

You’ll have to contact customer service for assistance since money in the account for so long:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

(Scroll down to to click a Message Us or Call Us.)

Or contact PayPal by Twitter or Facebook.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hashimrashidy
New Community Member

Refer to the head above, 

This is happen during the first time when I register to PayPal account and i was not aware so i need to change the nationality is any possible for this

Login to Me Too

MariamAnzoor
New Community Member

hello there, I recently moved out of my home town, and I seem to not be able to change my region on PayPal. Because of that, I am not able to add my new phone number in. 

Login to Me Too

Mallikk
New Community Member
How to change nationality From paypal account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mallikk 

Read my post 2 up from yours !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RajHaleem
New Community Member
I need to change the country as Sri Lanka
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.