how do I change my country on Paypal?

Samanthacoo
New Community Member

I emigrated to New Zealand over 2 years ago and have changed my address in Paypal. however I can't remove UK from my address and have to clarify every time I buy something that postage is to NZ and not to just print the address off PayPal. Any ideas??

Login to Me Too
153 REPLIES 153

Fundi
Contributor
Contributor

You have to open a new account in the country you are in, which will mean using a new email address as the old one will be rejected. Unfortunately paypal does not allow you to use an account from another country if you are now in a new country.

Login to Me Too

Rstanley
No other financial institution I deal with has any problems with changing country? If there are country specific "functions" as you claim, what are they? And why can't they just update to whatever is available in the new country? Hmm? It's idiotic this requirement.
Login to Me Too

balawis
Contributor
Contributor

Since its not allowed to change my country on my account. I tried to make another one and fill the country to UAE. But when I view my account settings then address, it still says Philippines. Can I know why and how can I change that?

Login to Me Too

svett
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I only have one email and I want to change the country of my paypal account, but it is not possible. I am currently in different country than my card linked in the account. 

OK I will create two accounts but how can I do this with one email? Maybe is time for paypal to fix this issue?!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys.

I'm sorry but it's not possible to change the country that your PayPal accounts are registered in.

If you have moved to a different country, you can either close your current PayPal account so that you can use the same email address to create a new account or you can keep your current account open and create a new account in the country that you are living in at the moment.

David.

Login to Me Too

felhasznalo_072
Contributor
Contributor
You can add a 2nd e-mail for the first account setup the new one as the prior one than delete the first e-mail address from the list. Create the new account and add the deleted e-mail address to this new account as thd prior one. Easy.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@felhasznalo_072 

They weren't asking how to re-use an email address, they were asking about changing countries.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

felhasznalo_072
Contributor
Contributor
Last day I chat with the Paypal customer service and they told me it is impossible to change. I called the call center same result. So now I m planning the e-mail version.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@felhasznalo_072 

No you can't CHANGE your paypal account to another country, you have to close the old paypal account down and then open another paypal account in the country where you now reside making sure you add a phone number / address / cards / bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rashed007
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a business account from Bangladesh but now this is showing I have opened it from Cyprus. How is it possible? How can I fix it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.