help please! Business to personal account

Amvsh03
New Community Member

I just made a brand new PayPal account in February 2021 and I just received my first payment from my employer of $200 CAD. But I think PayPal thinks my account is for business use where I am selling products. It is for personal use. How do I change it from business to personal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Amvsh03, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community forum, and welcome as a new member! 

Please review the below information regarding the downgrade of an account. 

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
2. Click Contact near the bottom of any page.
3. Select Email us.
4. Choose ‘Managing My Account’ in the Topic box, then select ‘Change account type’ in the Subtopic box and lastly select 'Downgrade my account' from the drop-down box.
5. In the Message field please write that you would like to downgrade your account and the reason why. Then, click Submit.
6. We'll review your request and email you back within 72 hours.

If you downgrade your account to a Personal account, please be advised of the following:

• You are able to downgrade from a Business/Premier account to a Personal account only once. If you upgrade your account to a Business/Premier account in the future, you won't be able to downgrade to a Personal account again for the lifetime of the account
  • All payments received into a Personal account from eBay, auctions, Personal payments and Website Payment buttons (e.g. Buy Now Buttons, PayPal Shopping Cart, or Subscriptions payments), will be limited to the Personal account's Receiving Limit of €2,500 (or currency equivalent)

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.