fake Paypal accounts

abby200512
Contributor
Contributor

hello there, i have received 2 letter that supposes to be from Paypal, connected to my home address and emails, one of them in my husband's name who never have had a PayPal account, and the others in a random name, however, I have a Paypal account but is not connected to those emails, should I worry about that or is there anything else I can do? thank you in advance.

kind regards

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

barbarella5
New Community Member

HI - I've just posted a reply to someone with regards to this too.  I had a letter today about my PayPal account but the email its connected too is most definitely not mine plus my account is active. Also the letter talks in euro's not sterling which is odd too.  So I am assuming someone has set up a fraudulent account in my name. And clearly they have my address details etc too. I have tried to contact PayPal but it said the customer chat wasn't working so I tried to call and arrange a call back - to which I'm not sure that worked either. Going to write to Martin Lewis I think... did you have a response from PayPal ? 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.