email

zainuri
Contributor
Contributor

sorry to bother me, I want to ask how do I delete one of my emails that is incorporated in my paypal account. From earlier I deleted one of my emails why can't

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zainuri 

As you are in Indonesia the link may not work so you can ADD another email address if you want to as you can have up to 8 on the one paypal account.

BUT if you want to change or delete your primary email address then you would need to add another one first and then make that one primary before you can delete the old one.

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @zainuri 

Are you still having issues with deleting your email address?

If you want to change your current email address with another one, you'll need to add the new email address, make it your primary email, and then remove the old email address. 

Here's how:

1. Go to your Settings.
  2. Click + in the Email section.
  3. Type the new email address and click Add Email.
  4. If you want this new email address to be your primary email, click the box next to Make this my primary email for receiving notifications. This step will allow you to remove your old primary email address from your account.

To remove your old email address, simply click Remove next to that email.

Once you add a new email address to your PayPal account, you need to confirm it . Click Update next to the newly added email and then click Confirm this email.

If you need to update a secondary address, here's how:

1. Go to your Settings.
  2. Click Update next to your email address, in the Email section.
  3. Update the email address and click Change Email.

You may add up to eight email addresses to your PayPal account. Remember that each email address can only be associated to one PayPal account at a time.

Hope that helps. Take care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.