email receipt to customer

DavidP2018
Contributor
Contributor

Can I automatically send a receipt to a customer who has paid me from my website via PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi DavidP2018.

Welcome to the Community!

Any time a customer sends a payment to you through the PayPal website, there will automatically be a payment notification email sent to the buyer through PayPal.

This email will include additional information regarding the payment, how much was sent, the selected delivery address and more information about the sale itself.

If you would like an automatic website to be sent to your buyer via your company or website, this would be something that you need to integrate yourself or check with your website developer.

I hope this helps.

David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi DavidP2018.

Welcome to the Community!

Any time a customer sends a payment to you through the PayPal website, there will automatically be a payment notification email sent to the buyer through PayPal.

This email will include additional information regarding the payment, how much was sent, the selected delivery address and more information about the sale itself.

If you would like an automatic website to be sent to your buyer via your company or website, this would be something that you need to integrate yourself or check with your website developer.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

DavidP2018
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your explanation.

I thought that ought to happen, but it wan't terribly obvious, and I had a customer recently who said he didn't get an email confirming his purchase, so I have now sent him your reply and taken it up with him. Maybe he mistyped his email address?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Yes, it's possible that they may have mistyped their email address. Another possibility is that the email may have been sent to their junk/spam folder. 

If the buyer hasn't received any email notifications and they can't find anything in their junk/spam folder, I would advise you to ask them to contact us directly and we can assist them further.

David.

Login to Me Too

willhop
New Community Member
What if I can’t find it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.