eBay won't list item for me because PayPal is rejecting my email address, which I've had since 1995

5U5AN
Contributor
Contributor

I've been on hold with PayPal for over 2 hours now, and that is after I used the call-me-back feature.  They did call me back, and then put me on hold anyway.  My problem is that eBay won't let me list something for sale because PayPal is rejecting my email address, which is the primary email address I use in my PayPal AND eBay profiles.  The error message is something about PayPal cannot accept payments associated with that email address.  Anyone know what's going on?  And is there any point in my staying on hold any longer?  Is anyone at PayPal ever going to pick up the phone?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@5U5AN 

To accept payments to a personal account in your country there is a new policy as per link...

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

5U5AN
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, turns out--after spending nearly 2 hours on hold with PayPal (I used the call-me-back option so I could avoid a long hold wait, but then they put me on hold after calling me back....), I hung up and called eBay instead.  The tech there said the email address problem had to do with the way Microsoft Windows manages email addresses for autofill, etc., and interacts with its Edge browser.  (I never use Edge except by accident.  But every time there is a Windows 10 update, Microsoft manages to change my default browser setting back to Edge.)  Anyway, just making sure I was using Chrome instead of Edge fixed the problem. 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.