eBay buyer in China, has US address, but cannot pay thorough eBay?

limnidytis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  I have sold items several times on eBay to a buyer in China, and the buyer has an USA mail address. I have blocked all bidders from outside of the USA on eBay, but I guess because the mail address is in the USA the bid is not blocked. For most of these buyer, the transaction goes through with out an issue and I get paid via PayPal. However for a few they say that they cannot pay due to the payment being blocked. These buyers apparently do not have a USA bank account, only one in China. I've tried to see where the transaction is being blocked by PayPal, but when I look into my account settings I cannot find any place where my account is prevented from receiving payments from outside of the USA. Where should I look to find this setting - I thought I had looked at these settings in the past, but cannot find any such setting now. I have a personal account that is based in the USA.

Thannks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@limnidytis 

That's the problem you have a personal account so those settings are not available but could it be because your eBay account is blocking non-US accounts so payments are not going through? Perhaps this is a failsafe way to make blocking non-us accounts even with US address from buying more effective. Some seller don't want non-US sales, period and don't want a way for a non-US buyer to get around it with US shipping addresses. To be honest, if you're not accepting orders from non-US accounts, I'd cancel order as problem with buyer address or other appropriate reason available so you don't get a defect and move on.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

limnidytis
Contributor
Contributor

My impression is that the translation is being blocked by PayPal. So the only solution is to change my account into a business account? 

Login to Me Too

limnidytis
Contributor
Contributor

Several of the buyers have told me that they cannot pay via their PayPal accounts, but if they use a credit card they can pay - I can only assume that this is due to the payment being blocked by PayPal for some reason. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.