e-mail received

Annxqz
Contributor
Contributor

I received an e-mail saying you had closed my account

We noticed a new login with your PayPal account from a device we don't recognize, since your security is a top priority, we close the account you created before someone use your Credit or Debit Card from your account. We thought we’d let you know that we’ve closed the account for you.

I was still able to log in using my original account.  I checked my purchases and all seem to be mine.  Charges are still being made to this account and they seem to be mine.  Do I need to open another account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Annxqz, Keep in mind that receiving a fake email doesn't mean your account has been compromised. If you think an email is fake, don't open it. Don't reply to the email, don't click on any links, nor open any attachments. If you clicked on a link or opened an attachment, log in to your PayPal account and check your recent activity to make sure everything looks right. It's also important to report the fake email or website to PayPal as soon as possible. That way, we can protect you and other PayPal users. Forward any suspicious email to spoof@paypal.com then delete the suspicious email from your Inbox. Thanks. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.