downgrade my acocunt

polse_on_yt
Contributor
Contributor

how do i downgrade my account because i have accidentally made my account a business account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@polse_on_yt 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@polse_on_yt 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alliekat1979
Contributor
Contributor
I had to call customer service and get them to downgrade my account. Try going online instead of using the app to downgrade your account. go to your account settings.you should be able to downgrade your account on your own. But if not call customer service.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alliekat1979 

You can only UPGRADE an account on your paypal account, there is no option to DOWNGRADE one, only as per my advice above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.