downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You may want to phone customer service as they can make the change for you - although you can upgrade from a Personal Account to a Business Account yourself, there's no downgrade or reverse option.

Login to Me Too

violetpenviolet
Contributor
Contributor

As I was making my payapal, I might have picked business and I didnt realize it till i got to the further signing up questions when it asked how much my business will make and all. How can i change business to a personal account. I just want it for my art supplies purchase.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@violetpenviolet

There is no automatic option, click on help / contact bottom of paypal pages and use the phone option and they will downgrade it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mewisme700
New Community Member

it annoys me that now my name is set as my website (business) name. It wont let me disable that feature and let me use my actual name. How do I downgrade account to personal without closing the acounts

Login to Me Too

Temp20230314EL
Contributor
Contributor
I have accidentally made my account a business account is there anyway of changing it back to a normal account?
Login to Me Too

eatships
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, didn't want anyone to see my full name and my partial address, got offered to change to business account, ended up with one and can't change back.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

That would be correct, you can do the upgrade yourself however, should you decide to reverse the action, you have to contact customer service and ask them to downgrade your account.

Login to Me Too

eatships
Contributor
Contributor
And how do I contact them, because the "Contact Us" page has gotten me nowhere otherwise I wouldn't be here.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Here's another option, go to this link.

At the bottom of the page, click on Contact Us.

You can also contact PayPal via their Facebook or Twitter page, both are supported by PayPal employees.

Login to Me Too

ikeemposey10
New Community Member

how can you switch your profile from a business account into a regular account idk why i changed it to that and now i cant take it off please help me!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.