downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

GuiomarDiaz
Contributor
Contributor

Where do you see " email us" all i see is "message us" 

Login to Me Too

Leta5
Contributor
Contributor
My friend sent me some money and PayPal is holding onto it because they are having trouble identifying my business. The thing is when I made the PayPal account I accidentally put business rather than personal and now my money is held up for now two weeks.
Login to Me Too

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
It's good that you reached out to us regarding this matter. We really appreciate it. Creation a personal or business account has nothing to do with your funds being held. How it was sent to you that will. If it was sent by personal payment ir won't be on hold but if it was sent via Goods and Services it will be on a 21day hold due to the Purchase Protection rules. Kindly check on that because you can ask the sender to release it for you via their PayPal account.
Here's how to confirm you've received an item:
Click Activity at the top of the page.
Find and click the original payment for the item.
Click Confirm receipt.
Click Yes to confirm that you received the order. I really hope that this will help you out.
Login to Me Too

Leta5
Contributor
Contributor
It has the receipt but is saying when I press transfer money that they weren’t able to verify my business ( I don’t have one) . Also stated that if I couldn’t provide proof of my business that I could not send or spend money on my account until then. I need to switch it to personal account so that I can transfer onto my PayPal MasterCard .
Login to Me Too

xdollxx
Calling PayPals customer service was the only way I was able to downgrade back after accidentally switching my account type from a personal to a business account
Login to Me Too

tuan4
New Community Member

My account is business and I want changing account type to personal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tuan4 

This can't be done in the user to user forums or through our own account.

Have to contact customer service to downgrade to personal account if you can get through:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Yuhway
New Community Member

Hello everyone, I started turning my account into a business account and halfway through i decided I don't want to become a business acount. It's now not letting me back out from being a business account. What do I do? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yuhway 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
At the moment there is no phone option but if you go to the message centre in your paypal account you can email them or use the live chat option if its open at the moment.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tess_08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Yuhway, Welcome to community forum. Personal account and Business account are almost the same. You can send or receive money for both accounts. Business account offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups. If you really decided to downgrade your account back to personal account, Please Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypal pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Thank you for your patience
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.