downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahmedtahoun198 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Florence-Elaine
New Community Member
Hi there I’m needing help with changing what my PayPal account is listed as, currently it is listed as being a business when I am only wanting my PayPal account to use for personal use I.e online shopping or transferring funds to friends. Is anybody able to advise me how to change what my account is listed as in the settings? Thank you
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Florence-Elaine 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nbrakse
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
Can someone help me to downgrade account from bussines to regular?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nbrakse 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

medoawad
Contributor
Contributor

this is the 3rd time i send to paypal and they close the message after 1 day they closed the message 3 times without any help this is the worst company i have ever seen specially if they are dealing with real money i have been trying to fix this problem since week now and no help at all even from their fb page or twitter so i hope no one lead me to fb page or twitter they take ages to reply to people 

Login to Me Too

Maad07
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, i need to downgrade my account from business to personal account and i don't know how to do it,, any help please.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maad07 

OR

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jemoget
New Community Member
How to change the account back to personal from a business one.
Login to Me Too

Jemoget
New Community Member
Account changing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.