downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

Kawika256
Contributor
Contributor
I'm trying to switch my business account to a personal account My business account has money in it and has limitations and won't let me transfer to my bank or send money
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kawika256 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joshuaross
Contributor
Contributor
I want to downgrade my account from business to personal please help me thanks
Login to Me Too

Sreelakshmi23
New Community Member
hello how can I change my business account into premier account is there any payment required for that
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sreelakshmi23 

Paypal does not use the premier account anymore, there are only 2, personal or business as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-open-a-paypal-account-faq963

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hyde_me
New Community Member

How can I downgrade from business account to personal account?

Thank you for your help in advance

Login to Me Too

Acerelyn
New Community Member

Had this problem for long I accidently clicked on upgrade to business account I didn't know this was gonna happen.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Acerelyn 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
OR
You could just close your business account (removing all subscriptions / financial info etc first) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mochola
New Community Member

I feel so frustrated, which customer service email works? i simply need to change my account from business to personal my address and country too is not correct.Help please

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mochola 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.