downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ethanshaw 

Please contact customer service for assistance in downgrading to personal account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter: @paypalUK 

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lynnnn
New Community Member

I want to downgrade my account to Personal account ASAP. I can't receive my salary due to this, I keep on calling you but I was just talking to the ROBOT and no agent talking to me. I can't even leave my phone number to give me a call back because you won't accept my phone number. I don't know why!! I also send email to you but no response. ITS USELESS!!!! Also I try to connect with you on FACEBOOK. STILL USELESS!!! I'm allways talking to a robot! Is their anyone who can help me with this problem? I'm kindda in a hurry. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

JoshLehne
New Community Member

I had the same sort of issue where I needed my account downgraded.

I went to their Message Center and requested that my account be downgraded, and it was done within an hour.

Login to Me Too

Sparky64
Contributor
Contributor
Hi .i had a personal account and added a paypal credit card reader to it as i was doing a rally ... i didnt realise nor did i want but my account was changed to a business account ... my question is ... how can i return my account back from business to a personal account ??
Login to Me Too

ConfusedUpset
Contributor
Contributor

So, a couple days ago I started changing my personal account to a business account, and then quickly realized that it did not fit what I needed. Halfway through the process, I backtracked, thinking that it would be no issue.

Apparently, big issue.

My account is now stuck as business, trying to get me to finish the process. I need to get my account back to being personal, so I email the help team. They direct me to call. And of course, the call directed me to message them. And here I am.
Currently they have not answered me, and it has been about 10-20 min, contrary to what I was told (Our agent will respond in 1 minute) Anyone have any suggestions? How long should I be expected to wait?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ConfusedUpset 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kerrig85
Contributor
Contributor
How can I change my account from a business one to personal?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kerrig85 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.
You can click on help / contact bottom left of every Paypal page for contact options for your country.

OR you can close the business account (removing all financial info) and open a personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hikari_Niji
New Community Member
I've recently changed my account from business to personal yesterday. All I did was log in and do the following: Click Contact at the bottom of the page. Click on Email Us. Click on Account profile and set up. Click on Close Account. It will direct you to a page where there are a couple of statements and at the bottom, there is Continue and Cancel, click on Continue. Then you will be directed to a page where it will ask you to elaborate your request. Just type in: I would like to CLOSE my BUSINESS account and CHANGE it to PERSONAL account. Or anything like that. Then within 24 hrs or so, you will receive a message from PayPal that they have changed your account.
Login to Me Too

HeLlBaS
Contributor
Contributor

hello 

I have accidentally created my trading account and want to return it to my personal account

I have been contacting technical support for almost two months and have not received a response

help me please

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.